Back To Search
East Sussex BN8
Guide Price £1,000,000
- Period property
- Approximately 7.4 acres
- Rural position
- Potential to extend
- Versatile accommodation
- Attractive outlook
**Guide Price £1,000,000-£1,100,000** A beautifully presented and adaptable Grade II Listed house of around 3,000 sq ft which could easily be reconfigured to create additional bedrooms. Set within attractive gardens and land totalling approximately 7.4 acres.
Godfreys is an attractive and beautifully presented period house with a central portion believed to date from the 17th century with later additions. The house offers around 2,960 sq ft of versatile accommodation, which with its generously proportioned rooms could easily be reconfigured to create additional bedrooms from the existing space, whilst there is also current planning permission in place to further extend the northern side of the house. The main elevations are brick and tile-hung under a traditional clay tiled roof. The main features include:
• Large Drawing Room with an impressive Inglenook fireplace with brick surround and solid oak flooring.
• Kitchen/Breakfast Room with range of bespoke oak units under Corian work surfaces, space for Rangemaster range with 4-ring electric hob, 2 integrated dishwashers, 2 integrated fridges and freezers and tiled floor.
• Bright and spacious double-aspect Garden Room with exposed brick walls and patio doors to the terrace and garden.
• Separate Dining Room with double doors linking it to the Garden Room, creating an ideal layout for entertaining.
• Study with independent Entrance and Cloakroom, making it ideal for running a business from home, or as a bedroom/annexe with potential for further extension under the agreed planning permission.
• Double-aspect Master Bedroom with vaulted ceiling and attractive views over the garden and paddock, En-suite Bathroom with roll-top bath and separate shower.
• Guest Bedroom which, with the addition of a stud wall, could be split to create an additional bedroom. The planning permission also allows for the addition of an en-suite bathroom to this room.
• Family Bathroom with separate bath and double size shower, tiled walls and Amtico flooring.
• Dressing Room/Bedroom 4.
The gardens and land are a particular feature of Godfreys. The property is approached via a shared private lane with fields either side and through a 5-bar gate to a driveway which provides parking and access to a detached garage. The majority of the garden is laid to lawn interspersed with mature shrubs and trees which create a feeling of privacy. To the immediate rear of the house, and accessed via double doors from the garden room, is a paved terrace providing an outdoor entertaining area. Beyond the garden is a large single paddock which, with the addition of stabling, could be suitable for equestrian usage amongst others. The paddock can be easily viewed from the house and gardens.
Last Modified 14/11/2019